Sunday, November 06, 2005

NaNoWriMo Day 6

Word total: 10,121.

*blows in a little kazoo to find pitch*

Happy 10,000 to me.
Happy 10,000 to me.
Happy 10,000 to meeeeeee.
Happy 10,000 to me!

Patrick scene again, where our hero/hostage gets some things revealed to him after being lightly electrocuted. It's a bit too slow, but it's a first draft. I need to pick up the pace. I want to knock out a couple more scenes with Patrick before I move back to Rayelle. Tomorrow would be a good time to check in on the scenes I need to write before NaNoWriMo ends.

Also, I'm getting more than 2,000 words a day. I feel like I'm cheating myself somehow (of course it can't be guilt from my wife catching me on the Internet when I'm supposed to be writing. Nosiree, bob). I should write more. If I can push to a scene every couple days, or at least 2,500 words so I can cover more ground. At least I won't be behind when I have class on Thursday and I more or less stop writing.

Song of the evening: "Svefn-g-englar" by Sigur Ros. Can't pronounce it, but I love the universal ethereal dreaminess of it. Reminds me of when my uncle would take me flying in his small plane the color of a bumblebee. We would lift off from the runway during a moody Chicago spring and go into a thick belt of clouds. No visibility as the windows are wrapped in an ivory blanket for miles around. You are adrift, unaware of what's out there, yet you are ensconced in tranquility as your hands command the machine through bloated whiteness. You have snuck into heaven, just for a while.

No comments: