Saturday, November 05, 2005

NaNoWriMo Day 5

Word count: 8,046. Today was a struggle, but I skipped ahead a little bit and had a bit of a monologue throwdown with Patrick's antagonist. Now, that was fun. Feels good to crack 8,000 in five days. Never have written so much, so fast. Good news, only need to write 2,003 words to get back on track, although it's not about the word count, but finishing the novel. Still, I need to have firm goals for myself. Now that I have the pacing down, I need to focus on knocking out scenes.

Had a panic at one point when I thought I lost about 600 words from some back Word-fu. All resolved well. The wing of the airplane was not on fire.

In other news, I'm feeling a lot of tension in my jaw. I'm probably grinding my teeth out of stress. I just do so well with deadlines. *sigh*

Today, my lovely wife and I bought our cats some toys and the most bad-ass pooper scooper in the world. Stainless steel, rubber grip. It's like if Craftsman made de-pooping tools. It's a sad thing to admit I look forward to the next time I clean the cat box. Anyway, we are treating November as the cats' Christmas (Catistmas? Hanukkat? Katwanza? Felinestivus?). Spoiled little fur-shedders are got a bunch of toys and will get a mondo cat tree to play with on Thanksgiving Day. Seriously, it's massive. It's the Ewok Village 4000. It's Lothlorien. If it was an apartment in Seattle, the rent would go for an easy $900. Lucky little nuzzling fluffheads.

Song of the evening: "Tape Loop," by Morcheeba.

1 comment:

Ktrion said...

Wow, you're doing great on the writing! I'm still only around 3000 words.

I hope you don't think I'm totally lame for asking, what the name of your badass pooper scooper and where did you get it?