Monday, November 07, 2005

NaNoWriMo Day Seven

Word count: 12,422 (2,301 today in about two hours). Wrote a lot of Patrick and his antagonist. Working to a great sequence of events that will close out his story. If I can knock it out before the week ends, I can move on to Rayelle. She has about 7-8 scenes I need to draft up to consider her story finished. It's a strange crossroads I'm at. I can see the novel coming together, but then I see more holes. I see it when I write as part of NaNoWriMo. It's all spiraling out of control and coming together at once. Oh, I wonder how long it'll take me to rewrite this disfigured mutant.

Caught "Boondocks" over the weekend on Adult Swim. The art style is like ghetto anime, which has it's own disorienting slickness, like a cultural blender on frappe. The voices for Huey and Riley are all wrong. Have no idea how the series will turn out this early into the run, but I have an inkling it'll be like how the Dilbert series went: Faithful at its core, a cult hit at best.

Song of the evening: "King of the Mountain," by Kate Bush.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow, for a lethargic TV-addled pikachu to be excited, I must be doing something right.