Thursday, June 19, 2003

Today's Word: Generation

From One Word

Nostalgia and disappointment, past and future. Depends who you talk to.

1461

Today is the fourth wedding anniversary of my wife and I. Precious little writing shall be done today to make way for the celebratory acts that must take place on such an auspicious occasion.

However, I am working on an essay about music piracy in my spare time at work. In case you didn't hear about Sen. Orrin Hatch's little tirade a few days ago, he suggested that anyone who downloads pirated Web music ought to have their computers destroyed by some technological means.

I won't get into the violent asburdities of Sen. Hatch's alleged mental clockworks, but I'm thinking long and hard about this. There has to be a solution to music piracy. I like Apple's Music Store, but it, as a solution to a problem that's been brewing for years, only goes so far. Long story short: It's going to take a massive change on the part of everyone (consumers, corporations, artists) regarding how we view the sales of music.

If you're interested in the essay, let me know. I'm trying to live up to my vow of "all my fiction, all the time" on this blog...so, no posted essay for you.

And to my wife, I love you so much. I'm glad you married me and, most importantly, not smothered me in my snoring slumber. Yet.

On Edit

Yet another cool Internet error message.

400 Bad Request
Your request has bad syntax or is inherently impossible to satisfy.


So there.

No comments: