Wednesday, June 19, 2024

 300

Today, now, 25 years. This is us. At this point, we were having dinner with family and friends who came from thousands of miles away to see us say the words as we stood before them. It almost felt like a formality. We were already in that space where we were married. This was just a day with words and cake. 

I know I've written this here before but it does not feel like 25 years. But then it doesn't feel like yesterday. I know time has passed. We moved, traveled, said hello and goodbye to some of our cats through the years. We have endured pain and heartache. We have celebrated. You have been there and, in typical fashion, all I think about are the moments I would hurt you. I know there's more. I know we have had good times. I just wish they were all there, that I was stronger and stopped chasing angry ghosts. 

We have outlived what has come and then gone. You trust me. You love me. I hope that will always be so. 

My love, happy 25 years. I never thought this was possible.

No comments: