Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Skin

Spring's coming, and that means warmer weather. It's also when the hibernating beasts rise from slumber, or when animals shed winter coats for something sleeker, thinner. Something new, something to catch the eye.

As for me, I'll be shedding my winter skin for some more seasonal fare soon. Wife and I placed an order for new skins, specifically as another Valentine's Day present to each other. Should get here by Feb. 14. Ah, kismet.

Here's what we are ordering.



In case you don't remember chemistry, that's the chemical make-up for caffeine.



Because I'm just one of six billion humans walking around.



My wife wanted this one. She's a Totoro-head through and through. She'd so love to go to work on the Neko Bus.

And thanks to this order of new skins, I'm rediscovering my little fetish for tracking my orders through the Web. I can spy my little wares, moving from point to point, inching ever closer on my mental map. It's a sort of Christmas, where a dislocated gift from the North Pole is making its way to the good little girl or boy. I imagine this is what it's like for authors to track their Amazon rankings.

1 comment:

John said...

Well, double hah...imagine a bummed out bulbasaur tracking a replacement Shuffle.

Oh, wait.