Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Making a list, Checking it Twice...

So, this is what I would like to get done in 2006.

*Lose 30 pounds, and make sure it doesn't find me.

*Get my mobile phone upgraded. This stems from a bit of techlust that washed over me after I got to play with my step-dad's Moto Razor. It's so very James Bond.

*Finish a polished draft of the novel and sent it to my agent-to-be by my birthday (April 10).

*Get high-speed Internet for the house.

*Get wi-fi for the house as well. This is not as important at high-speed. Wife and I have been in dial-up mode for years.

*Seriously purge my closets and maybe *gasp* sell back a few books. I'm in a downsizing mood, damnit.

*Organize my writing materials and drafts.

*Submit to at least 3 writing contests. I might pass up PNWA this year and opt for Vancouver in the fall.

*Save $100 a week.

*Download or import one new album a week to expand my musical tastes

*Get an external drive for the computer.

*And last but not least, let my wife know every day that she is loved.

Doin' the Shuffle

So, was at the Apple Store and yes, they determined that my Shuffle was indeed as dead as a Monty Python Parrot, but they couldn't just give me a new one as they were out of stock. So, off I go to the nearest kiosk in the Apple Store to order a free replacement, which will be mailed to me after the Apple techie guy pronounced it an ex-Shuffle.

According to Apple and DHL, my replacement Shuffle is coming very, very soon. Apparently, I won't need to ship the dead widget back to the promised land in Cupertino. Just what I'll with a flash device with no flash, I dunno. Maybe I'll take it apart and marvel at its innards. Then, like my cats, I'll grow bored with my new distraction, maybe lodge it under the fridge.

2 comments:

poppycock said...

i love your list, it inspires me to create one of my own -- i want to lose 20 pounds, get high speed internet for the house, purge my closet, have a nose piercing, an ankle tatoo, among other things. hmmm... i sure can get busy this year.

and, ha ha ha!! to picture your disemboweled ex-shuffle buried under the fridge is funny ;-)

John said...

Wow...piercing and a tattoo. You really know how to up the ante. :)