Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

A bit belated, but happy 2006.

Currently in a holding pattern in my local Apple Store to get my precious, my Shuffle, fixed. It gave up the ghost a couple days ago, not showing up anywhere on my host laptop despite all my techno hoodoo. All I want to do is trade it (it's under warranty, so just gimme a new one, please). Wife is off in a happy orbit shopping without me lumbering around behind her, hiding my petulance not that well.

Just occured to me. I've been using Apple products longer than the young whippersnappers manning tech support in the store have been alive. Hey, I lived through the idiocy of Gil Amelio. Just give me a new Shuffle, damnit.

Will write about my goals for the new year later, but wanted to check in, and say the trip to Chicago went well. My grandma is hanging in there. She's day to day, but then aren't we all.

2 comments:

poppycock said...

wouldn't it be scrumptious to get one new shuffle instead of a repaired one? go for it, it's under warranty anyway ;-)

and happy new year

John said...

I'm going to get a new one, but they have to mail it to me. They were all out of the akin model at the store, so there you go. It's coming via DHL. Should have it soon.