Tuesday, November 15, 2005

NaNoWriMo Day 15

Word count: 1,817
Word total: 27,011

Okay, so a little thin on the numbers, but I'm within striking range of 30,000 for Thursday at the latest.

Wrote Patrick's last scene, as well as scene for the novel's middle. I'm not done with him, but I like where I'm at with him. I still need his arrival at the train platform and his scene where he figures out how to double-cross his rival. I've been worried that I won't have it all done. I won't, and by that I'm not admitting failure as much as copping to the realism that i won't have a coherent, all-scenes-included novel. I'll have more things I need to do, but I'll have a framework. Sometimes, I wonder if that's cheating. If I have to wonder, maybe it is.

I'll decide tomorrow if I should go onto Rayelle when Patrick needs work. Maybe with a break from Patrick more ideas will come for him. Let's hope.

Song of the evening: "Get Down Moses," by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never admit failure. I admire your ability to keep writing. I love JKR but I hate her too. She started writing the first HP book when she was on welfare and taking care a baby. Love her stuff, and looking forward to GOF.

Regards,

Arabella

John said...

Arabella

Thank you for dropping by and your support.

It's a day to day thing. I'm not in a failure frame of mind, as I was two days ago. If I'm lucky I could break 30,000 by Thursday evening. *fingers-crossed*

As for Rowling, she's a force of nature. She's unstoppable. Akin to what Douglas Adams wrote about Paul McCartney, she's capable of writing a book that'll make so much money she could purchase the planet Earth.

P.S. My wife and I have tickets to GOF Friday night. Wheee.