Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I'm a Critic, Bitch! *smack*

The alpha film critic at the newspaper I work at filed his review of "Sin City," and it's not a review as much as it's a beating. His analysis is a work of art, cruel and beautiful at once. Imagine Cate Blanchett in a top-drawer Oscar De la Renta and wielding an executioner's axe. Smile on her porcelain face, Rwanda-sized murder in mind.

I've always had a question about the fascism-flirt that runs Frank Miller's engine, and looks like ol' Franky outs himself as 2-D as the page he draws on as a comic book auteur. Sex and blood, in vastly overdone, immature doses in order to make men out of the children in the target demographic.

I'll link it when it goes live on Friday, assuming Blogger gets its act together. "Sin City" really sounds like a cinematic car wreck. Please use alternate routes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surfdork

John,

Blogger is really misbehaving , anyway I'm Ungrateful Bandit (thanks for the link).

Thanks for the heads up on Sin City, dang I was hoping it would be a cool movie.

Cheers!