Tuesday, January 25, 2005

In an Interstellar Burst...

Hi.

I'm back.

It's been nearly 18 months since my last post, and much has transpired since I went away, but I'm not going to bore you all with that now. Let's stick with the present first, that translucent rascal that defies capture. I've been missing the action of the blogs, and slowly (since I've been getting back in touch with writing) have been feeling the urge to write alpha-drafts for the world again. I've changed the look of this blog, and I don't think it'll remain this way for long. It seemed fitting to make a new start with a fresh coat of paint. Everything is the first of a day, it seems. All opportunity and wonder, mixed with a little trepidation and bewilderment. I just need an avenue to write on, something public and fast where I can plod along and relax while in the throes of other, bigger projects. I want to keep my fingers to the keyboard, even when I'm downtiming here. Don't think I'm slumming you, baby. I just have a lot of words stored up in my fingers, and I want to come back here and emblazon them up here. I don't want to be political. I don't want to have a spotlight. I just want to have some sort of exo-station for my performance artist/exhibitionist (are there any other kind?) inside me.

I wrote once that blogs are strange creatures. You'd never stand up at an open mike and read your diary, but people will post very personal things here. I don't understand the physics myself, but I'm a nomad that's been gone for too long. I need to craft things for public consumption. I need a literary valve to crank. I need this little junk food of self-indulgence. I'm writing to have fun. And it's taken me a long time to get to a point where I can see writing as fun. I think I didn't enjoy the earlier versions of my blogs (here and SKOB), even though some of the stuff I zapped out wasn't that bad. Here and now (again with that quick wily rascal), I'm trying to write a novel and not get so stressed. There should be joy here, and it's been a long 18 months where I was coming to some painful truths, and among them is I should treasure this golden oscillation in my soul.

And here, of all places, is going to help develop that.

I have no idea what I'll write about or when. This will be spur of the moment. But I hope it's fun.

2 comments:

poppycock said...

sure it will be fun ;)

glad to have you back, my favorite blogger.

poppycock said...

... and this should mean that i'm gonna be spending more time on the pc again. but whoever said that junk food was no fun? ;)