Tuesday, June 24, 2003

And the vowels consoled the consonants

Body count: Something like 1750 words.

I couldn't do the count last night. I mean, I did write a whole bunch, but the daily toll looked like the transcripts of a weasely liar under police interrgation, changing his story every few seconds to fend off his accusing questioners. Breaks in conversations, logical jumps, switching scenes. All very suspicious, if you ask me.

But it's not like headway wasn't made. Got some interesting hooks in place. And it's now Leonera as the name of one of the secondary characters. Flamea is her performing names. A lot of the underclass characters have second or third names for different reasons. Some criminal, some more noble and ambitious. Leonera/Flamea will play a major part in Rayelle's life, perhaps the most important rescuing Rayelle from certain doom in an early flashback and getting her into The Circus, Seattle's pre-eminent tent city.

I love Leonera. I think she'll make a wonderful figure, if I play her right.

With regard to the rest of my life, I'm going to be entering a phase of two weeks where my life won't be...well...mine. My mom's coming into town on Friday, and my work schedule has been bumped up a day for the July 4th holiday. All this means I have less than three days to do five days of work.

Cue "Run Lola Run" soundtrack and far too much Diet Pepsi.

Song of the Day: "Rock and a Hard Place," by Supreme Beings of Leisure. Way, way cool in a funky, "James Bond opening song" sort of vibe. You know, there ought to be an album of musicians doing either covers of James Bond theme songs or something inspired by Bond movies, because you know who would buy it? Yep, me!

Yet, something in the back of my mind tells me there was a Bond tribute album back in the mists of the 90s. I swear I heard about it, with Bjork of all people doing "Diamonds are Forever."

Yow. That would be playing on my iTunes at home until my hard drive melted.

Speaking of hard drives and iTunes, Apple announced their new line of G5 computers coming in late summer. I will say this about Apple, they make computers that are outrageous expensive (or completely dead-end like the Cube), but they make them so crazycool that I just...have...to...have...one. It'll be a waste, since I'll just be doing writing and music on it, but man would it look so luscious, the sleepy chrome finish on a digital tower of Babel, as silent as an angel, as gorgeous as any object of lust should be.

No comments: