Friday, May 19, 2006

83

Today, my wife and I have been married for one month shy of seven years. It's strange, a good strange akin to relaxy-spongey bliss of waking up thinking its Friday only to remember it's Saturday so you can sleep in, to realize that it's been about 30 days from being married for seven years, and yet you can't feel any of that mileage. While any relationship requires some work, some on-the-fly maintenance to keep going in a happy direction, I can't help but be amazed that the seven years has gone by so rapidly, so easily. I know if I think about I could recall harder times, gloomier moments, fights and things I shouldn't have said, but the grand mosaic suggests something else. To me, it says I made the right choice saying 'yes' 83 months ago, and that I'm lucky to have found my love. She helps me understand the world, and myself, better. I love her.

Happy 83 months, my love.

2 comments:

Hecate said...

Now that was a lovely post.

Cassie Schoon said...

Aw. Cuteness.