Friday, December 16, 2005

First, the good news...

Grandma doing much better. Might even be back home by Saturday. She's feeling better and has new meds to keep her pain-free.

And now, the bad news.

Got a note yesterday from my former therapist (who I might see again starting next February). She had her baby in October, but there were complications at birth, and her daughter was taken off the respirator four days later. If there is anything positive about the death of an infant, it's that the heart of her baby was given to a two-month-old in Minnesota. It's a bittersweet victory at best and news that gave all of us pause at Chateau Du Ryan. I'm going to try to get in touch with my therapist soon, since she's seeing clients again. I don't know what to say beyond "I'm sorry." My wife and I don't want children, but we can fathom the loss when a desired life that's been growing inside an expectant mother comes into the world, only to fade and be extinguished within days.

No comments: