Wednesday, November 30, 2005

NaNoWriMo: Day 30

Word count; 2,089
Words written for the month: 55,143

NaNoWriMo complete and then some. And I have a draft of the novel, crude but the last major scene has been written. I sit back and try to soak it all in. Tomorrow, the writers class means for a party to brag or whimper about this 30-day affair with the keyboard. I shall attend with the glow that I went in unsure but I emerged more triumphant than I could have imagined.

I did it. I did the damn thing. I did these two challenges, and my novel is more of reality in one month than it has been in more than a year. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm what I need to be. So many ideas generated, so much momentum, so many times when I could have quit but I didn't. I am a writer, and this month I proved it.

To everyone who dropped by, thank you for your kind words of support. To my wife, I love you more than you can know. You are a blessing.

The end.

Song of the evening: "Paperback Writer," by the Beatles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(high-fives)

You officially rock.