Tuesday, November 29, 2005

NaNoWriMo Day 29

Word count: 1,612
Word total: 53,055.

Just a couple more scenes and I'm going to call it a draft. My lovely wife tells me to be proud of finishing (both NaNoWriMo and novel), no matter how raw it is. So, seeing that she's always right, I'll just stop resisting and do it. Also had another horrible panic attack, akin to the ones I used to have up until a couple months ago, where I would mentally flay myself in fits of comparison and other routines of negativity. Not fun for anyone involved, and I forgot how much it drained me. Back up for 1,600 words in this nightly workout. Would like to get up to 2,000 tomorrow, to close out the month with 55k. Hey, I like big, round numbers.

Song of the evening: "Milkdrunk" by Halou. Laying off the Radiohead for a while when I speed write like this. Thom Yorke and the boys can lay you too low if you let them.

No comments: