Friday, June 17, 2005

Stepping Out for Six Years

Hi.

A brief note. Sunday is going to be the six-year anniversary for my wife and I. It's going to be a whirlwind weekend of painting the dining room, live theater, and plenty of surprises. It's also going to be a nice quiet time for both of us, so won't be updating this weekend. I'm going to be celebrating how lucky I am, and how much we have shared in the past six years. Every once in a while, when I'm not wrapped up in the in pea-soup fog of novel-fu, I get struck how remarkable and beautiful she is, kind and loving and supportive and, yes, sexy. I can't remember what my life was like without her, and I'm not too eager to venture back into that jungle. I prefer now, especially when she randomly touches me and says how much she loves me. For the longest time, I held affection like that at arm's length, suspicious of its true intentions after getting my developing brain blended by an abusive father. Sometimes I get haunted by back then, and I wish I was a bit more aware of what she offers at times. Again, it's that jungle you shouldn't venture into. It gets you lost with darkness and inhuman shadows and sounds. Just be here now. Love what you have when it wholeheartedly loves you in return.

And I do. Happy anniversary, my dear.

No comments: