Friday, May 27, 2005

Today's Word: Wisp

A flutter of fabric, the fragment of the suicide bomber's shirt. A soft, drifting snowstorm of clothing and hair and flesh, all the size of dandelion feathers.

Deep, calming breaths

Okay, turned in my resume for Nintendo. I know, I know. Said I'd wait until Tuesday, until after the Memorial Day holiday, but my ever-wise wife made rightly concerned sounds about the job opening up May 17, which is a million years ago in terms of volume of applicants. We don't know how many people applied. We also don't know when Nintendo is going to slam down the gates, stopping any new entries from coming in. So...

Drafted up a cover letter and resume, sent only the resume today through Nintendo's nifty resume vacuum, which sucks since I cobbled together a quite righteous cover letter last night...fueled by alternating moments of self-aggrandizing bullshit, raw fear, and a hell-yeah attitude. Oh well, it's practice.

And by the way, if any of you out there applied for the job I did using my blog as a resource, just keep in mind that if you get the job, you owe me some free games. Just sayin'. Right thing to do and all.

So, anyway, sent in the resume. Now, just relaxing. Or I would if my writing dominatrix hadn't sent an e-mail last night asking the class to send in query letters to a local agent (who is coming to speak for the last class). Back I go into my hard drive to find and correct the query letter homework the dominatrix gave back to me weeks ago. It's a thrill to get professional feedback, but it's a sudden lurch up to the edge of the cliff. No more fun and games now. I'm pitching the novel, and it's something I wasn't ready to do until July and the PNWA conference.

Luckily, work today is very light, so I'm working on writing assignments in between my normal office stuff. It looks like I'm typing away at a computer either way. Covert keyboard-fu, away!

Game On

Imagine me hyper-caffeinated and angry as all hell, and you'll get this Gamer Manifesto for the Next Generation.

I don't agree with all of it, but more than once I found myself nodding in agreement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came here from oneword. ... Err, interesting. :)

John said...

heh. well, that's the beauty about one word. you don't know what you'll write about until you do.