Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today's Word: Slip

In tiny pieces of moonlight, I saw the ivory sheen of her skin. She barely breathed when asleep, and I was terrified to touch her, expecting a corpse.

A minor post, to test to see if Blogger has stopped acting like a Knucklehead McSpazatron.

Anyway, writing class tonight. Once more into the breach, dear friends...

Just FYI, if you ever wanted to get a quasi-soundtrack to the novel I'm writing, listen to "Hail to the Thief," by Radiohead. Especially the last track, "A Wolf at the Door."

New to the iPod

"Between the Bars," by Madeleine Peyroux (a cover of the Elliott Smith song)
"Ships in the Night," by Brazilian Girls

P.S.

(on edit)

Looks like I got passed over for a Pulitzer, again.

And it looks like I'm not going to be the new pope either.

Which, you know, sucks.

Was so hoping to be pope by my 20-year high school reunion because anyone can come back and brag about being in charge of sales for the East Coast or be a firefighter.

But to walk in as His Holiness...Swiss guards flanking me, incense burning, Popemobile. That would have been righteous.

No comments: