Tuesday, April 19, 2005

70

Took a small walk, got a Diet Pepsi, feeling a little calmer.

In better news, today is the 70-month mark for myself and my wife. Usually, on the 19th of every month, my wife and I celebrate with something small, something of the pizza variety. Tonight, though, I have class, so we will be apart.

Still, we will be together tonight, when my writing mistress has her way with me and bids me adieu. Then, I look forward to one of my favorite times of the day, shutting off the lights and curling into the Big Comfy Bed and nuzzling close with my wife. In the dark, where whispers and touch are the only currencies worth having, we feel each other's heat and heartbeat, reconnecting, together as one. Makes a great many things in this world worth while.

I love you, my dear. Happy 70.

1 comment:

poppycock said...

happy 70th, lovebirds mrs. and john.

i want some of what you're having too :)