Thursday, September 19, 2019


243

And all of a sudden our lives get turned upside down. Last Friday, I got the offer. Senior Writer. And relocation to Europe with it. 

We were out there, invited to see a slice of the world we had been to for a four-hour layover 16 years ago when we were traveling through Western Europe and I was delusional from a fever and the solid grip of a cold. 

But now, I was being recruited. And we had a 100-hour rush on the other side of the world. You enjoyed museums, I hustled through two days of interviews on three hours of sleep total. And I was fabulous. We had a day and a little more to explore, but it was a place where we felt we could live. 

We’d pare down the essentials. We’d start over in a way. A new life, although you will keep your job, which is going to help our finances. I get a job writing at a major studio. 

Thank you for this. Thank you for being brave with me as we make this leap. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for being my wife.



No comments: