Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today's Word: Spice

The admittance that whatever you have right in front of you, it's boring.

Two classes left until the end of this term, then a few weeks off until the last semester begins. A final dash down a dark corridor to freedom and the completed certificate. The classmate next to me was visibly shocked, saying "this term went way too quickly." The teacher patted my arm and told me I didn't need to write anything else for the rest of class, but we all know that's a feint. Of course she knows I'm going to write. You don't give me a "report card" saying I have "the talent to be a published writer, along with the passion and perseverance" and expect me to be dry, do you? You can't have me walk out of class on a cloud and think, "yeah, be in neutral." You can't zap me with the Positive Vibe gun, encouraging me in all sorts of emotional brightness, and expect me to just bottle it up and put it in a dusty attic of the soul.

Oh yeah, just you wait, lady. You asked for it.

P.S.

According to the obsessive-compulsive package tracking feature at FedEx.com, my iPod Shuffle is currently lounging in Sacramento. Damnit.

No comments: